Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm not sure if i'm doing this right---

Thoughts:

1. I know nothing about art (well maybe a little)

2. Learning how to blog should be moved to the top of the list

3. I'm particularly interested in symbolism in art-- it's my favorite thing

4. I would also like to become more familiar with paintings that most people know (renaissance type deals) So, like to understand what the significance of pieces by michelangelo and rembrandt

5. I'm going through a phase where i'm obsessed with the early twentieth century (edna st. vincent millay and eugene o'neil)

6. I'm giving you these topics just because i'm not at all familiar enough with visual art to select artists to study etc.

7. As far as the syllabus goes, should we proceed chronologically? by period?

No comments:

Post a Comment